- Explore the extensive, established forest garden
- Learn how to create and exploit niches
- Mixed and companion planted polycultures and guilds
- Plant succession for ecosystem transition and transformation
- Beneficial insects
- Working with chooks, ducks and pigs
- Overview of useful hand tools
- Digital presentation / slideshow in bad weather
Food forestry and forest gardening
Designing and establishing a temperate climate food forest in rural North Canterbury, New Zealand.
Using permaculture principals to work with and mimic nature, we are guiding natural processes and directing the outcome with human intent. By selecting practical plants that serve multiple functions we build diversity in all layers of the biological system.
This approach guides natural processes towards a productive ecosystem. By introducing human knowledge and planning we can encourage and accelerate the growth and development leading to beautiful, abundant and nutritious habitats.